Building a custom home is a bit different than buying a new home in a development. The biggest plus to a custom-built home is the versatility you have in deciding which features you want. There are many different options to consider incorporating into your custom home design. Too many to list here, actually. That’s why we’re highlighting some common and several unique features homeowners like to see in their new homes.
Read more link…
- Include built-in shelving. Who couldn’t use more storage space? By designing your own space, you can incorporate any number of features that create the organization you desire with a look that is streamlined. Some features to consider in your built-ins include desks, tables, bookshelves, cabinets and more.
- Create a “hidden room.” Yes, we are talking about a secret room, just like you’ve seen in the movies. You can turn it into whatever you would like – a home theater, the classic hidden library, a private office, or a bar. Let your imagination run wild!
- Design a nook for your kitchen. You can create a cozy eating space in your kitchen that doesn’t take up a lot of room, but adds a lot of character.
- Mudrooms are all the craze. In many of today’s home features, organization is the driving force. Coat hooks, shoe cubbies, built-in storage are just a few of the ways you can make the space a storage dream come true.
- Get innovative with stair design. If you want a unique look to your home, one way you can accomplish this is by turning your stairs into a visually-engaging focal point. Straight stairs, straight stairs with a central landing, l-shaped stairs, u-shaped stairs, spiral stairs, curved stairs, floating stairs… you get the picture. If you want to stay a little more traditional in this area, you can always incorporate hidden storage into your stairways.
- Install the laundry room upstairs. Convenience is the name of the game when it comes to installing an upstairs laundry room in your home. Who wants to lug laundry up and down the stairs? It’s also another way you can incorporate more organization and efficiency into your daily housekeeping routine. With the laundry room so close, you won’t need hampers in each bedroom.
- Go ahead and install that spa, soaking tub and/or walk-in shower in your master bathroom. When you build a custom-home, you can turn what would be a standard bath into an oasis of luxury that you turn to after a long day. While you’re at it, you may also want to consider installing features that allow for aging in place, like showers that don’t have a threshold.
- Take the design features outside, too. Your backyard can be an extension of your home. Install an outdoor kitchen and covered eating area. Create an outdoor room. Blending the indoors with the outdoors is a wonderful way to increase living space, not to mention the value of your home.
Don’t know where to begin with your custom home design? Bring your ideas to the professionals at Prominent Builders and Design and allow us to assist you in building the home of your dreams.