As the weather begins to get warmer, homeowners will be turning to their yards for respite from long work days. Whether you have several acres or a smaller backyard, there are ways to make your yard more beautiful and functional – a place where you and your family and friends will want to gather. If you’re looking for ways to turn your outdoor living space into the oasis you’ve always dreamed of owning, this blog post is for you.
Have you always dreamt of having an outdoor space that allows guests to sit comfortably and enjoy a few drinks and a meal? Need a place where the kids can entertain friends? Here are just a few of the ways you can create an inviting living space to your backyard:
- Build a new deck or re-do your current one by turning it into a space that allows for different activity zones. By constructing multiple levels on a deck, you can create a space for dining and another space for relaxing. While you’re at it, you may want to bring nature in a little closer by adding a pergola on which to grow luxurious vines that provide summer-long shade.
- Add a patio. Just like with the deck, a well-constructed brick or stone patio can become a welcoming extension of your home. The design can be made to match the style of your home’s architecture and can lend ambiance with pergolas, planting beds and container gardens.
- Create an outdoor kitchen. Love grilling and entertaining? You may want to incorporate an outside kitchen into your existing or new deck design plan. The space can be easily protected from the elements. A grill, countertop for food prep, and conveniences like a refrigerator and sink will make entertaining much simpler. You can even add an island near the cooking area where guests can sit and talk while you are grilling the feast of the day. While you’re installing the outdoor kitchen, think about lighting to add ambiance, and ceiling fans to keep guests cool on a warm summer evening.
- Add some privacy. If you have a smaller backyard or your home is close to your neighbor’s, you can create an enclosure around your outdoor living space to make the area feel more intimate. Lattices, pergolas and landscaping features can be used to define the space and give you the privacy you desire.
- Outdoor structures can define your outdoor space. A gazebo, “man shed” or “she shed” are unique ways to create additional living area that adds interest to your backyard.
- Install a pool, hot tub and/or spa.
There are many more ways you can create an inviting and relaxing backyard getaway. Our design professionals would be happy to meet with you to discuss, plan and build the outdoor living area of your dreams.